Join Slow Food!
Slow Food is an idea, a way of living and a way of eating. It is a global, grassroots movement with thousands of members around the world that links the pleasure of food with a commitment to community and the environment.
In Sonoma County, that means supporting the farmers and food producers that call Northern Sonoma County home, and celebrating (and, at times, protecting) the food they bring to the world. For more information about our convivium, click here.
As a member you’ll have the opportunity to get involved with the projects we champion, like school gardens and growing out endangered, heirloom seeds. You’ll also meet many others who share the vision of Slow Food, and receive invitations to all local convivium events, such as:
- Small classes in which members share their expertise in a variety of areas, from sausage making and bread baking to canning and tea tasting
- “Slow Books” book group, focusing on titles that touch on the Slow approach to life
- A quarterly “meet-up” at a local restaurant that supports Slow Food’s goals
- Our annual meeting and reception
- Large events such as the annual Ark of Taste dinner
You’ll also be part of the bigger picture with Slow Food USA updates on policy and news–from school lunch funding to the farm bill–that affect the values we all share.
To join Slow Food Sonoma County North, sign-up here online and indicate you’d like to be a part of the Sonoma County North convivium. Membership fees start at $25/year.
Have questions? Contact us at info (at) slowfoodsonomacounty (dot) org